Thursday, March 31, 2011

Play Date Cafe 75 - Magical Peacock

Hello everyone!  Check out the color story from our very fab, very talented Julie Ranae for this week's Play Date Cafe challenge:

I loved the game Monopoly as a kid!  I think I always wanted to be the "shoe".  ;)

For my card, I needed help with the creative process.  I looked in last year's Paper Crafts Go-To Sketches and voila!  All I had to do was drop in my elements.
Our sponsor this week is Wplus9 Design Studio, and owner Dawn Woleslagle is our special Guest Designer!

Dawn generously blessed each of the Play Date Cafe design team with a stamp set of our choice, and this is the one I picked, called Magical Moments:

It was fun playing with these colors and a peacock theme.  Worked out to be very appropriate, I think.
We had to use silver, instead of gray, for this challenge, so I tried to put in some shiny embossing.


The peacock was stamped in Taken With Teal, and I blobbed Crystal Effects over it, to shine him up.

Other silvery accents included silver pearls and silver Smooch Accent Ink.

We hope you want to play along with us this week! 
The prize:  a stamp set of your choice from Wplus9 Design Studio!
Check out what the rest of the design team has in store for you:
 Michele --  Tracey --Ruby -- Andrea -- Jaclyn -- Savannah -- Jinny -- Sarah -- Julie -- 
Fiona -- -- Libby  ....and our special Guest Designer this week:  Dawn Woleslagle!

Please follow THE PLAY DATE CAFE RULES carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used

2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.

Thanks for joining me today.  :)  I always appreciate your visit, I really do.

Colleen

Stamps:  Magical Moments by Wplus9 Design Studio
Paper:  white by PTI, teal patterned paper from Stampin' Up! scrap, Cameo Coral
Ink:  Versamark, Basic Black, Taken with Teal, Cameo Coral
Punches:  Deco Fan by Martha Stewart, 1 3/4" circle (SU)
Other:  gray pearls by Queen & Co., ribbon bit from stash, dimensionals, silver embossing powder, heat tool

26 comments:

~Tammy~ said...

Colleen this is my favorite stamp set that Dawn has released and your card is making me miss getting inky with it. Your card is AMAZING! Bless your beautiful fussy cutting! Your creation here blows me away friend! Thinking of you! :-)

Fiona said...

Beautiful card Colleen :) Love the addition of the pearls over the scallops!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

I love this Colleen! the colors are great! the stamp set is quite cool too! Love the silver embossing too! I was the shoe too! Sometimes the dog, but mostly the shoe!

Pauline said...

Oh Colleen, this is heavenly! I LOVE the peacock image, and his layered tail is wonderful! Love all the scallops and pearls, so pretty.

Emily Keaton said...

I had to laugh when I read that you had "blobbed" on some Crystal Effects!! This card is just stunning, Colleen. You worked wonders with that lovely stamp set--this week's colors are perfect for your pretty peacock. And you did some fabulous fussy cutting. Wonderful work!!

LeAnne said...

Colleen, what a gorgeous creation and the PD colors are delicious! I hope I can combine a few challenges and use these colors!

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE how you've layered the peacock's feathers and given so much dimension to your design! I'm still laughing about how you "blobbed" Crystal Effects on him, but it works so well with all your other shiny elements! Stunning!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous use of the peacock. Love the colour combo and the two stray feathers/leaves.

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Coleen

What a gorgeous card - love how you have layered up the tail feathers - lots of fiddly cutting so well done you!

Tina
X

Stella said...

That peacock is amazing. I love your take on this weeks' colors and the scalopped borders are breathtaking!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely wonderful, Colleen! I have never seen a more beautiful peacock!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a beautiful card--love that peacock stamp! LOVE LOVE LOVE how you used these colors--BOLDLY! LOVE it:) Beautifully done!!

Lea L. said...

This is so pretty! I just love how you've layered the peacock's feathers...it looks amazing!! Thanks for letting us WPlus9 girls play along this week! ♥♥♥

Benzi said...

I love the colors this week. And your peacock set is awesome. Great job with those feathers. Beautiful work.

massofhair said...

I remember swags on curtains many years ago and your card reminded me of them. Such a stunning card and a fab stamp set:-)

Carol Hurlock said...

WOW Coleen-this peacock card is amazing. The peacock image is gorgeous. How you paired it up with the double punched layered border at the top is dynamite. I love the addition of the pearls. This is spectacular. Love it!

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

TuKara said...

Magnifique card ....vraiment magique!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Love that peacock. The colors look so great. :o)

Ruby said...

Gorgeous Colleen, the colours work so well with that gorgeous peacock set and I love all the detail too!

Joanne Leddy said...

What a gorgeous bird ... really wonderful. The choice of image is perfect for this color challenge - I love it!

Maria said...

Oh you prettied up that peacock so lovely! Great take on the challenge this week! A beautiful card as always! Take care and hugs!

Linda Callahan said...

That peacock is magical! Gorgeous - love the glam and shine!

Andrea Ewen said...

How wonderfully elegant, Colleen! You've done a fabulous job with the colors and wow...that fussy cutting! Therapeutic...I know! Super job with the challenge, my dear! Hope all is well with you...sending hugs your way :)

Shirley said...

Wow! How very feminine, fun, and lovely at the same time. Love how you used those colors too!

Erum Tasneem said...

Wow! You really took that stamp and took it to it's highest point! This is beautiful!

Dawn said...

Just love all of your creative uses of that stamp set. You've really made it shine and pulled the colors together fabulously!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...