Thursday, March 17, 2011

Play Date Cafe 73 - Love You Tons!

Before I get to my card today for the Play Date Cafe's new color challenge, I need to give a birthday shout-out to a few friends around the world.

Happy Birthday / St. Patrick's Day to Chris R from Iowa, Loli from Spain, and Heather from Canada!  'Tis my birthday today, as well.  :)

Onto our challenge!

This week's sponsor is DeNami Design -- they have the cutest stamps!  I've got several now, and love 'em all.  See my posts HERE, HERE and HERE for cards made with cute DeNami stuff. 

I've got elephants to show you today...


I used a large "love" heart from DeNami as well, and you can see it all over the card.  I paper-pieced the elephants with it, and made it my background. 


I needed a sentiment (DeNami has one to go with the elephant, but I don't own that one) so I computer-generated it onto More Mustard cardstock, then punched it out.


Check out the wide variety of cards my teammates have for you:
  
 Ruby -- Tracey -- Jaclyn -- Jinny -- Julie -- Michele --
Fiona -- Andrea -- Libby -- Savannah
....and our special Guest Designer this week:  Paulina Nakamura!
The winner this week gets money to spend at DeNami!!

The DeNami team also has cooked up some terrific inspiration for you this week.  Head over there by clicking HERE

Please follow THE PLAY DATE CAFE RULES carefully to enter.
Deadline for prizes is 11:59pm EST on Tuesday
The 'Cup of the Week' will be announced during the next challenge.
ALL SKILL LEVELS ARE ENCOURAGED TO PLAY! 
We want you to enjoy this challenge. 
Interpret the colors the way you see them. 
We do not use specific card stock color names or brands.
Break out of the box and have fun! 
The main requirement is:
PDCC COLORS BE THE 
FOCUS OF YOUR SUBMISSION
When using additional colors, please limit them to neutrals. 
You are welcome to combine challenges, 
but we do ask that:
 1. The PDCC name and/or photo is used

2. OUR colors are the focus of the card.

If you're ready to play, we can't wait to see what you come up with!

Thanks for joining me!

Colleen

Stamps:  elephant, Love heart - DeNami Designs
Paper:  Perfect Plum, More Mustard, Ruby Red cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Ink:  Perfect Plum, More Mustard, Ruby Red
Punches:  Modern Label (SU), corner rounder, (SU), scallop border (SU), Embossed Curves (EK Success)
Other:  Big Shot, Finial Press Embossing Folder, rhinestones from Queen & Co., ribbon from SU, dimensionals, computer-generated sentiment

24 comments:

Paulina said...

It makes me happy to see two DeNami card posts in a row on your blog. :)

Colleen, this card is just too cute. It was so creative of you to use the heart stamp as a background!

I'm so happy I was able to join all of you talented ladies this week. You all rock!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Tons of cuteness too! Happy Happy Birthday!! My bad I didn't get your card out to you -- that figures with me~ You'll get it --soon :)

Michele Gross said...

I hope you have Tons of Fun and Tons of Love and Tons of Cake on your birthday!! Your card is so clever and so adorable!! Fabulous!

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

Cute cute cute! Those elephants are adorable Colleen! Love how you used the stamp and the yummy colors! Love them!

Fiona said...

Happy day to you! love your elephants in a row - and the scallop shapes you've included :)

Marisa said...

Beyond adorable, Colleen!!! LOVE the large scalloped bottom and the ellies are too cute!

Since your post says the 17th I'll wish you HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Noor Nahdi said...

Such a cute card, Colleen!!!!
Long time since you posted, we really missed you :)

Stella said...

Awe....these elefants look so cute!! I love the way you created the background; that stamp is fab!
Your card turned out gorgeous; I love your take on these colors!

Andrea Ewen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY my wonderful friend! We have got to get together for a birthday/card making celebration! (Gotta get the card making in there too!)
Love what you've done with that adorable DeNami stamp, this card is absolutely too cute! Perfect execution of the colors and wonderful design.
Hope you have an fabulously glorious day, complete with Mani/Pedi, massage, gourmet dining and an all around stress-free day!
OK...back to reality...hope hubby orders take out for dinner! Haha!
Enjoy your special day my dear, you certainly deserve it!
...And of course, Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I loooooove this card! It is so precious--love how you stamped the sentiment on all those elephants! I want that elephant stamp--so so cute:) Those gems are the perfect embellie--and everything even your ribbon matches the color story perfectly! LOVE!


HAPPY birthday to you, Col!! Blessings to you today and always:) Psalm 118:24

Emily Keaton said...

Happy Birthday, Colleen!! And Happy St. Patrick's Day, too. :)

This card couldn't be more adorable. I really like how you used those pretty challenge colors. Your paper-pieced elephants are so sweet, and those big scallops at the bottom look amazing! What a happy card and great idea for your sentiment. How fun!

I hope you have a wonderful day filled with your favorite things!! Happy Birthday!

Benzi said...

Happy Birthday, Colleen! Your card of colorful elephants is just adorable. I really like the 'love' background, too. Have a splendid day on your day.

Jinny Newlin said...

LOVE what you did with those darling elephants, Colleen! And your ribbon treatment is AMAZING! TFS!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Colleen

Another fab creation love those ellies! and your clever stamping! Hope that you are enjoying your birthday - wishing you many happy returns.

Big Hugs

Tina
X

Maria said...

Happy Birthday to you!!! And Happy St. Patrick's Day! What a sweet adorable card. It's just too CUTE for words...love it...take care!!!

Loli said...

Hello Colleen, it's 23:51 in Palma de Mallorca, thank you very much my dear friend, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO, i wish for your a birthday with blessings, love and laugh with your family and friends.
A BIG BIG HUG, from my heart to you

Bonnie said...

I love these adorable elephants! I think this is the best of the DT cards! Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

"Tis a great day for a birthday! Hope it was a great one! This is over the top cute........love the big scallops on the bottom!

Janna Werner said...

gorgeous and sweet!lovely :-) Janna

Emily (stampingout on SCS) said...

This is adorable, Colleen! Love it! :)

Anonymous said...

And a happy birthday to you, again! The in-laws took us out tonight for dinner. So, I guess I am still celebrating since my husband sort of forgot to get me something. He sent me a belated dozen roses at work today. Whatever, I am still going to buy me some stamping stuff!

Love your card - those elephants are the cutest!

Chris R. from Iowa

Ruby said...

This is gorgeous Colleen, I love how you've stamped the elephants the same as the background, it's fun!

Ann Schach said...

This is just so adorable! Such a sweet image, and I love the colors!

Mona Pendleton said...

So cute Colleen! You did a great job paper piecing those elephants and I love the scalloped border and embossing! Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...