Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Inspired by a Stack of Gifts

A catalog for Mrs. Prindable's handmade confections came to my house recently, and of course, I found inspiration inside.  The goodies themselves look yummy, too!
Check out this stack of gifts:
And here's my stack of gifts:

I used a new embossing folder by Sizzix called Powdered Sugar which has vertical rows of flowers, dots and diamonds.  I thought it would echo the vertical stack of presents.
And the presents....I made them by using 1", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" square punches on retired flocked SU paper.  They have scalloped "lids", using a scallop border punch and white cardstock.  Each gift is propped up on dimensionals, and a metallic thread ties them all up together (each thread end is taped onto the backs of the smallest and largest gifts).  I also tied a bow separately near the top.

I am entering this card in five places:



 I believe my Creativity just walked back in the door.

Colleen

Paper:  Whisper White, retired flocked dp from SU, Real Red
Punches:  scallop border punch by SU; 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" squares
Other:  red metallic thread from Mike's, Big Shot, Sizzix Powdered Sugar embossing folder, dimensionals, Scotch tape

20 comments:

Emily Leiphart said...

Colleen, this is stunning! I love that it's packed with little details yet so simple.

~Tammy~ said...

Umm can you say Gorgeous???? Girl you rocked the colors on this challenge and I love your card to pieces! YOU ROCK!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

this is so cute, love the stacked gifts

Marisa said...

Too cute :) Love the stacked pressies.

Benzi said...

Oh, yum! You've picked some awesome inspiration and what a beautiful card you made. I love the red on the white and that scalloped box lid. Haven't seen that embossing folder...need it. LOL

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Colleen! Isn't it amazing where we find inspiration? Just an all around lovely card, fabulous in detail, colors and design! I just love when you come play with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Emily Keaton said...

Yes, I do believe that your Creativity came home again to roost!! Colleen, this is FANTASTIC!! Oh, my goodness. I just don't know what else to say!! Love, love, love your inspiration. That stack of gifts is so simple but SO effective. This is the PERFECT CAS card and so lovely for Christmas. This is a slam dunk!!!!!! I am predicting a new badge for your blog for this one.

Ann Schach said...

Clean, classy and fabulous!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Fabulous card, so clean and Christmassy! I love your inspiration!

Heather T said...

So incredibly cute and just asking to be CASE'd by me. Thanks for the inspiration

Sarah Anderson said...

Great inspiration for a wonderful card. And isn't that new folder perfect?!! Thanks for playing along in the cafe with us this week :)

Ruby said...

What a great card! We can find inspiration in so many places, I love yours featured here, it's fab! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHH! I LOVE that ribbon/twine! LOVE how it ties the presents up--hope I get some packages like that for Christmas;) Thanks so much for joining in the fun and for playing along with us over at the PDCC:}

Julie Ranae said...

I LoVe Mrs Prindables and I LoVe this card!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh this is lovely Colleen! Great use of that fantastic inspiration photo...lovely embossing folder too!

Emily Keaton said...

See?? I TOLD you there would be a new badge on your blog for this one!! Of course, there are still challenges to weigh in yet, so who knows--this could be a double or triple winner! CONGRATULATIONS, Colleen, on your PDCC win!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very cute and creative take on the picture. I like the red and white, very festive.

LeAnne said...

Perfection! LOVE everything about it!

Leslie Miller said...

Heavens, Colleen! I'm really enjoying your inspired stamping! I'm thinking how this might be fun to mass produce. What a creative mind you have to think it up. I love the scalloped lids!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Clean and elegant design! Love it! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...